Border Land School Division
Invites Applications for the Position of a
0.8 FTE Term School Psychologist with Behaviour Support Responsibilities
Invites applications for one .8 term position commencing in January, 2018
Border Land School Division is located in south central to south eastern Manitoba.
BLSD has 17 schools and a population of 2,162 students.
The successful candidates will be part of a clinical services team.
• A Psychology degree at the Masters level
• Member of the Manitoba Association of School Psychologists
• A valid school clinician’s certificate (or eligibility) issued by Manitoba Education
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
• Experience collaborating with classroom teachers and school teams
• Excellent communication and group facilitation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
• Conflict resolution skills
• Preference will be given to candidates with training in WEVAS, Restitution, Positive
Behavioural Interventions and Support, and Violence Threat Risk Assessment
• Experience working with students who exhibit challenging behaviour
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assessment of students with intellectual, social, emotional and behavioural needs
• Reporting to professional staff and parents on psycho-educational assessments, including recommendations for programming
• Assisting school teams (students & parents, classroom teachers, educational assistants, resource teachers, guidance counsellors & principals) in planning, implementing, and monitoring effective approaches, strategies & interventions that support students who exhibit academic, social, emotional and behavioural challenges
• Providing follow-up support on programming recommendations
• Accessing and facilitating professional development related to academic, social, emotional and behavioural needs
• Working collaboratively with other members of the Clinical Services Team involved with students displaying intellectual, social, and emotional needs
• Collaborating on threat assessments if the need arises
• Membership on the Critical Incident Support Team
• Liaising with outside agencies to provide appropriate services to students and families
This position requires travel; the successful applicant will need a vehicle to carry out the duties of this assignment.
This position falls within the scope of the Border Land School Division Teachers Association Collective Agreement.
Deadline for applications: Monday, January 8, 2018
Please forward your letter of interest and resume with three current professional references to:
Shauna Hamm, Student Services Manager
Border Land School Division
120 9th St NW
Altona, Manitoba R0G 0B1
References may be contacted prior to interview.
All hiring will be conditional upon the results of a Criminal Record Check and
Child Abuse Registry Check.
The Border Land School Division appreciates all applications. Only candidates selected
for interview will be contacted.