The workshop will explore the links between children’s early attachment experiences, emotional development and social/academic success in
school. The Circle of Security model will be used as a ‘map’ to understand
behaviour and respond to each child’s emotional needs.
This workshop will address:
• Attachment Theory and Complex Trauma as a framework to understand
the social and emotional development of young children.
• Cues and miscues: Behaviour as communication.
• The Circle of Security as a framework to guide key adults to support and
co-regulate children who have disrupted attachment/trauma histories.
Who Should Attend?
• Key adults directly involved in planning for and supporting students:
this includes resource teachers, guidance counselors, teachers and
educational assistants who work one-on-one with children who receive
special-needs funding due to emotional/behavioral concerns.
• Multi-disciplinary support staff, including social workers, psychologists
and occupational therapists.