Sept 7, 8:30am-4:30pm
Sept 8, 8:30am-4:30pm
Sept 9, 8:30am-4:30pm
Sept 10, 8:30am-2:30pm
• Principles of attachment theory on an intellectual and
• The Four Dimensions of Theraplay.
• The Theraplay protocol.
• An introduction to MIM: administration, analysis and
as a guide for treatment planning.
• Adapting Theraplay for working with children and
families impacted by complex trauma and other
• Managing resistance throughout the treatment
• Managing countertransference in your work with
children and families.
• Implementing Theraplay into your practice
• Administer the MIM and analyze it at a beginning level.
• List three goals to be achieved during a MIM feedback
session with parents.
• Utilize the MIM as a guide for treatment planning.
• Describe the four dimensions of Theraplay, a modality
of play therapy.
• Demonstrate one activity from each dimension:
structure, engagement, nurture and challenge.
• Describe three possible ways of adapting Theraplay
treatment to meet the needs of a child with complex
• Describe how to guide parents to participate in
Theraplay treatment session.