- ADOS 2 Training
October 19, 2018 - October 20, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dr. Adam McCrimmon, authorized by the developers of the Autism Disorder Observation System (ADOS 2), will be providing two days of training to equip participants to administer the instrument as part of an comprehensive assessment process to assist with informing a diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). In addition to becoming familiar with the instrument, participants will be better informed regarding the characteristics of ASD and what to look for when collecting anecdotal information during observations and interviews. Administration and scoring of the ADOS-2 is complex. Workshop participants may wish to purchase additional training materials available from the test publisher (WPS). Practice administering the instrument prior to using it in clinical practice is recommended.
Dr. McCrimmon is an Associate Professor at University of Calgary, Werklund School of Education, in the School and Applied Child Psychology program. He teaches graduate courses on childhood assessment and psychopathology in addition to practicum courses on childhood assessment and diagnosis. His research focuses on autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Within this focus, his research interests include diagnostic assessment, cognition and cognitive development, neuropsychological functioning, and social skills. He has specific interests in executive functioning and mental health in this population. As well, he is interested in interventions to promote development in these areas.
Materials: MASP will be providing all the necessary materials for training which will include the protocols necessary for assessment (Modules 1-4). In the effort to be green, any additional presenter notes will be posted on the MASP website three days prior to the event. You can choose to view them in your tablet or phone, or print out a copy (most office copiers can print double sided).
Lunch will be provided both days and has been included in the cost of registration as the session will resume promptly in the afternoon to insure all material is delivered to participants. During registration you will have the option to advise of dietary needs (ie. vegetarian or gluten free meal).
The event will not be available via Webcast and participants must attend in-person. Members only tickets are available until September 18th, 2018. Afterwards, tickets will be available to non-members.
Venue Phone: (204) 775-5222
Venue Website: http://www.fourpointswinnipegairport.com/Address:
- Have attendees pull up to the front doors of the hotel, exit the vehicle, enter the hotels’ front lobby area
- Advise Front Desk Agent the company name of the meeting they are attending
- The Front Desk Agent will provide the parking pass once the $5.00 flat rate fee is received. Overnight Parking is $10.50 per vehicle and will be added onto the guest room folio.
- The attendees may then proceed to the back parking lot located directly behind the hotel to park for the duration of their meeting.
- We have no authority over any other parking lot on airport campus, and all other lots charge $4.00 an hour so please ensure to park in the hotels parking lot directly behind the hotel.